Do you want to make a difference but are not sure how? Sustainability assessment is an emerging tool to direct decision making towards sustainability and deliver better outcomes for business and the community as a whole. In this course you will learn about the use of sustainability assessment as a both a regulatory tool that goes beyond traditional environmental impact assessment and an internal planning tool to transform organisational decision making and subsequent operations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Sustainability assessment is a tool that informs decision-making in terms of promoting sustainable outcomes.
Sustainability assessment can be applied in different circumstances for different purposes by different types of decision-makers.
- Government regulators to assist with their approvals process (particularly project proposals).
- Engineers and planners to provide a tool to assess a project in terms of sustainability outcomes
- Consultants involved in the environmental assessment/ management process.
- Government and Non-government organisations and any other party interested in sustainability practices across whole industry sectors.
The aim of the training is to introduce participants to current thinking and understanding of sustainability assessment concepts, processes and techniques. The course includes the following:
- Sustainability assessment principles, processes and issues
- Sustainability assessment as a tool for approval of new development proposals
- Sustainability assessment to inform planning and discussion making within an organisation
- A generic 7 step process framework for sustainability assessment of any proposals ranging from physical projects to plans and policy change
- Various tools and techniques that can be usefully applied in sustainability assessments
- How to develop a sustainability decision-making protocol appropriate to a particular context, by drawing on relevant strategies and standards.
Attendance at this course will count as 15 hours of Type II CPD.
The course will be held over a two day period from 8:30 to 5:00 pm on 14 and 15 March 2013
Venue: Engineers Australia, Adelaide
Two day course:
SSEE and/or EA members $ 902 (incl. GST)
Non-members $ 1023 (incl. GST)
Student SSEE and EA members $ 605 (incl. GST)
Day two only (available to attendees at Day 1 in October 2011):
SSEE and/or EA members $ 451.00 (incl. GST)
Non-members $ 511.50(incl. GST)
Student SSEE and EA members $ 302.50 (incl. GST)
For further information and to register click here