Guest speakers for the event include Larissa Waters, Senator for Queensland, and Stephen Bygrave, CEO of Beyond Zero Emissions.
The High Speed Rail report demonstrates that Australia can:
• Connect Brisbane - Sydney - Melbourne with stations at six major cities and twelve regional towns en route
• Enable passengers to travel between Sydney and Melbourne and between Sydney and Brisbane in less than three hours
• Have trains departing major cities every ten minutes at peak times
• Provide a station within 50km for 60% of Australia's population
• Be powered by 100% renewable energy enabling zero emissions travel
• Repay capital investments and generate long term profits
• Provide lower fares and more convenience than air travel
• Be operational in ten years
HSR Project is a collaboration between Beyond Zero Emissions (BZE), the German Aerospace Centre (DLR), and the Melbourne Energy Institute (MEI).
Time: 6.30 - 8.30 pm. 19th August, 2014.
Where: Gibson Room (room 1064), Z Block, QUT, Gardens Point Campus, Brisbane
Transport: Metered street and car lot parking available. QUT can be reached by train, bus and Citycat. Plan your journey using Translink.
Tickets: This is a free event but numbers are strictly limited, and bookings are essential. There is no need to print your Eventbrite ticket as your name will be at the registration table. You can transfer your ticket to a friend if you are unable to attend.
The High Speed Rail report will be available for purchase on the night.
For more information: http://bze.org.au/
To register please follow this link: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/beyond-zero-emissions-high-speed-rail-report-launch-brisbane-tickets-12542301361