The Sustainable Engineering Society (SENG) is holding its next national conference on the 9th and 10th of September 2015 at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
SENG plays a significant role in Engineers Australia (EA) - the peak engineering body with over 100 000 members – whose Code of Ethics requires engineers to act in the interests of community and sustainability ahead of sectional interests.
The theme of ‘Dynamic Ecolibrium’ highlights the importance of maintaining healthy, balanced dynamic activity in both the economy and ecosystem. Themes for the conference include:
- Energy – renewables, efficiency, effectiveness
- Resources – water, land, food, biosphere, minerals
- Waste and Consumption – avoiding, reducing, reusing, recycling
- Infrastructure – planning, design, construction, operations, economics
- Leadership – A vision/plan for a sustainable future, equitable society, externalities,
The conference will be promoted to over 100 000 EA members as well as many affiliate organisations. Engineers are a key group responsible for implementing the infrastructure, technology and systems of the future, so it is essential to be equiped with the necessary skills, networks and resources.
For details and registration, please refer to: www.DynamicEcolibrium2015.com