Information about the Queensland Sustainable Engineering Society (SENG Qld) branch.
- Delivering professional development opportunities for our members
- Encouraging sustainable practices in all professions and engineering disciplines
- Provide opportunities for networking an liaison between industry, students and government
- Keeping members updated on new initiatives and developments in sustainability and environmental engineering
- Providing a forum for dialogue on current issues relating to sustainability, the environment and climate change
- Technical seminars to share information and provide CPD (continual professional development)
- Annual student award evening
- Workshops, breakfasts, site visits, discussion forums
- Provide comments on policy and discussion papers
- Input into the SENG supplement in the WME Magazine
- Represent QLD on the SENG National Board and the Environmental College
Our 2018 session schedule:
|20 February 2018||SENG Qld committee members|
April/May 2018 TBC
|What does it mean to deliver a 'sustainable' event? GC2018|
Tuesday 3 July 2018
|WAR on WASTE - closing the cycle - zero waste economy||
Richard Denniss, Australia Institute
Kali Martin, NuGrow
Rick Ralph, Waste Recycling Industry Association (QLD)
Dr Gareth Forde, All Energy Pty Ltd
September 2018 TBC
October 2018 TBC
|Annual Qld Environmental Engineering Student Awards Night|
November 2018 TBC
Standards - How are changing standards affecting sustainability outcomes in the engineering/construction industry?
We welcome participation from the community, professionals and interested individuals.
If you would like to suggest any topics or activities please do not hesitate to contact our committee.