Information about the Queensland Sustainable Engineering Society (SENG Qld) branch.
- Delivering professional development opportunities for our members
- Encouraging sustainable practices in all professions and engineering disciplines
- Provide opportunities for networking an liaison between industry, students and government
- Keeping members updated on new initiatives and developments in sustainability and environmental engineering
- Providing a forum for dialogue on current issues relating to sustainability, the environment and climate change
- Technical seminars to share information and provide CPD (continual professional development)
- Annual student award evening
- Workshops, breakfasts, site visits, discussion forums
- Provide comments on policy and discussion papers
- Input into the SENG supplement in the WME Magazine
- Represent QLD on the SENG National Board and the Environmental College
Our 2017 session schedule:
|27 June 2017||Movie & Discussion Panel –
The Age of Consequences
|Tim Dalmau – Dalmau Consulting
Steve Posselt FIE(Aust) - Climate activist and adventurer, Kayak4Earth
Lara Harland FIE(Aust) – EnviroEngineering Services
Prof David Hood AM HonFIE(Aust) - Deputy Chairman of BZE, and Chairman of the Long Future Foundation
|August 2017||Australian Engineering Week|
|10 October 2017||Seminar –
Sustainable Transport - reality or pipe dream?
|Rachel Smith – Author, Decongestion
Gerard Reardon - Director, MRCagney
|18 October 2017||18th Annual Qld Environmental Engineering Student Awards Night
Co-hosted by Griffith University
|18 October 2017||2017 SENG Conference – MELBOURNE
Engineering Sustainable Cities
|November||Seminar – in planning TBA|
We welcome participation from the community, professionals and interested individuals.
If you would like to suggest any topics or activities please do not hesitate to contact our committee.